Reigate Women FC is a recreational football with some elements of competition but our focus is on inclusivity rather than elitism and as such we have a firm code of conduct to safeguard the ethos of our lovely club. These are fully approved FA codes of conduct.
Adult Club code of conduct
On and off the pitch, I will:
- Always play the game fairly and in the right spirit.
- Be aware of the impact of bad language; keep spectators and members of the public – including children – in mind.
- Avoid criticising match officials Accept that they make honest decisions and confronting them will not change it.
- Never verbally abuse a match official, coach, player or spectator based their appearance, race, religion, gender or sexuality. Doing so could lead to dismissal from the field, suspension and possible police action.
- Show appreciation for volunteers at the club including committee members and coaches who give up their time freely to support the club.
- If you have any issues with a player or coach at the club please address the issue in a respectful manner. You may approach any of the officers on the committee or the welfare officer.
- Never physically assault a match official, player or spectator. Doing so could lead to dismissal from the field, suspension and possible police action.
- Always win, lose or draw with dignity, and be prepared to shake hands with match officials, opposition players and manager at full-time.’
- Understand that player fees are important to the sustainability of the club and I will pay these fees in a timely manner.
‘If I do not follow the Code, I may expect to:
• To be asked to leave the club
• Be asked to apologise to whoever I have offended or abused.
• Be disciplined by my club, including being substituted, dropped, given a formal warning or suspended from training or matches depending on the nature of the offence.
• Be disciplined by the County Football Association, including being fined or suspended for a number of matches depending on the nature of the offence.
• Be handed a permanent exclusion by the FA or County Football Association, if the offence is deemed serious enough.’
Coaches, Team Managers and Club Officials
Play your part and support The FA’s Code of Respect:
On and off the field, I will:
- Always show respect to everyone involved in the game
- Stick to the rules and celebrate the spirit of the game
- Encourage fair play and high standards of behaviour
- Always respect the Referee and encourage players to do the same
- Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
- Never engage in, or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive behaviour
- Be aware of the potential impact of bad language on others
- Be gracious in victory and defeat
- Respect the facilities home and away
When working with players, I will:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything
- Never tolerate any form of bullying
- Ensure all activities are suited for the players’ ability and age
Work with others (e.g. officials, doctors, welfare officers,
physiotherapists) for each player’s best interests
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, I may be:
- Required to meet with the club or league Welfare officer or your CFA Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO).
- Suspended by the club from attending matches
- Suspended or fined by the County FA
- Required to leave, lose my position and/or have my license withdrawn